-Available Tuesday through Sunday
- Schedule: 9:30 am, 12:30 am, 2:30 pm
- Includes: Instructor, helmet, bottled water
- Use of the 50 x 40 M training ring
- Round trip transportation(optional)
- Routines (turns, semi-turns, diagonals, figure eights, etc) in different
canters such as walk, trot, and gallop.
- Advanced stepping, such as Spanish style, laterals, piaffet, passage
The clinics can be scheduled for the same day or over a period of a few days according to the client’s availability and riding level. Upon reservation the following information will be requested:
- Riding level (beginner, advanced or professional)
- Number of years practicing the sport We recommend you bring long pants, a shirt and tennis shoes.
The dressage school consists of three years’ training. During the first stage, the horse and rider are taught direct basic riding skills: normal steps and the maintenance of a proper posture and flexible seat. During the second step, the rider is instructed in controlling his or her horse while maintaining rhythm and elasticity. The horse and rider are taught steps and turns which include pirouette, passage and piaffe. The third phase concentrates on demanding exercises such as ballotad, capriole and croupade.
The Spanish riding school maintains the Spanish style; however, given the decline of the Andalusian, Lippizans also began to be trained.
Dressage is a complete training for horse and rider in natural balance and movement control, it is a development from the classic horse-handling style practiced by medieval gentlemen and European cavalry officials.
The goal of dressage is for the horse to prove its flexibility, firmness and skill at all steps, handling, gait changes, changes in direction, hand and leg in competition.
It takes five years to prepare a horse for this discipline, and even longer to perfect it.
Dressage is the harmonious development of the body and the ability of the horse, which must be calm, flexible, confident, attentive and vivacious.
For this discipline, the Spanish Thoroughbred is outstanding and has obtained magnificent results in national and international competitions.